Meet Nicci: A Flexible Writing Resource for Marketers
I work with clients in various sectors from sex toys to children’s health, designer fashion to gift cards, business, and journalism. I trained as a journalist and have freelanced for many national newspapers, magazines, websites, advertising and design agencies. I’ve written 11 books on health & wellbeing, and write a newsletter about work culture, business & creativity – sign up here.
How can I help you as a creative freelance copywriter?
Whether it’s more sales, community or a stronger brand identity, I can help with the following:
- Corporate communications
- Consumer websites
- Case study copywriting
- Social media management
- White papers / reports
- Blog posts
- Press releases
Copywriting, content marketing, SEO writing, journalism, proofreading, editing, research, interviewing, community and social media management.
Check out my portfolio here.
My culture and values:
- Culture – I prefer to work remotely to keep costs down and be more productive. I’m happy to visit clients of course, but do my best thinking in my lovely home office
- Curiosity – no business is dull! I’m curious about how things work, like learning about different industries and meeting new people – businesses are about relationships
- Conscientious – I will do the best job I can, listen to what you need, incorporate feedback, and meet the deadline. I’ll also make suggestions if I think something could be done better. I’m loyal to my clients, have several long-term ones, and I love to see businesses grow
- Charges – I usually charge by the project or day to keep things simple. I won’t ask you for a retainer (lovely to have, but I won’t twist your arm)
- Charity – I give a percentage of my profits to The Book Trust, a charity that supports reading and literacy in children. Let’s get kids reading more! Without Enid Blyton, I wouldn’t be where I am today.
- Community – I’m a member of organisations who share my values and support freelancers – NUJ, ProCopywriters, Hoxby Associates, Creative Industries Federation, Wired Sussex, Freelance UK, Yuno Juno, and 26 Letters. I’m always looking to connect with other creatives, share contacts, ideas, and generally fly the freelance flag…